No matter what you think of the American Healthcare System, it remains a vital piece of the sustainable health and wellness puzzle in this country today. Only recently, has the importance of mental health care and services become part of the national conversation. According to a recent article in the San Diego Union-Tribune, “In the United States, about 45 million adults have a mental illness such as anxiety or depression — that’s nearly 1 in 6 adults. Among these adults, a 2016 study found that 60 percent didn’t get treatment during the previous year: no medication, no talk therapy, no support groups.” Enter stage left, innovator and local tech entrepreneur Spencer Hutchins. Seeing the need for a more collaborative care philosophy, Hutchins founded Concert Health on the idea of fixing a broken healthcare system. The technology platform makes it easier for doctors to connect patients with therapists and mental health care providers. In my opinion, Concert Health is doing more than just helping doctors, they are saving lives!
I sat down with Hutchins to discuss Concert Health and how Downtown Works has helped him during his entrepreneurial journey…
- Tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Where did you come up with your original idea or concept for your business?
- What services and or products do you offer?
- What were some of your struggles and barriers to market entry and how did you go about overcoming them?
- How has being a member of Downtown Works helped you grow your business?
- What is one piece of advice you would give someone just starting their business?
Where can readers find you online?
LinkedIn: Concert Health
A Premium Coworking Community built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs who want to reach higher
Connect with Us on Social Media!
www.downtownworks.com email@example.com 619.535.9675