Perhaps you’re looking into coworking, but you’re not sure how it’ll affect your wallet. “Aren’t you paying for a bunch of things you don’t need when you cowork? Why not just rent or own a small office instead?”
There are plenty of reasons why entrepreneurs, startups, and smaller businesses choose coworking at Downtown Works—and saving money is definitely one of them! But before we go any further, let’s talk about the costs of renting your own office space first.
The Cost of a Regular Office
As many Californians know, working in a traditional office costs a lot of time and money to setup and maintain. Securing floor space is just one piece of the puzzle. Don’t forget about the following expenses:
- Furniture and decorations (including for conference rooms)
- Electricity and other utilities
- High-speed internet
- Security and access
- Janitorial services
- An office or network manager
Many startups and small businesses wince in pain when finding out these expenses tack on hundreds of dollars a month! These costs in addition to pricey leases and lengthy contracts are often too much for most entrepreneurs to overcome. On the other end of the spectrum, working from home (or from Starbucks!) may cut it for a select few for a short amount of time—but these arrangements often fall short at the first sign of business growth.
What About Downtown Works?
When you choose coworking at Downtown Works, you won’t have to worry about furniture, internet, security, electricity, and all the other expenses of maintaining your own office. We handle all that for you.
But besides giving you affordable workspaces that you’ll love, Downtown Works also gives you something you don’t usually get with traditional office spaces: flexibility. Here are some of the coworking choices you have that can impact your cost savings and meet your company’s unique needs:
- Monthly rate or long-term commitment? Downtown Works loves simplifying “work,” and one of the ways we do this is by giving you an affordable month-to-month contract if you wish. No long leases or crazy contracts to deal with here! Of course, we offer discounted rates for community members who sign up for long-term commitments with us as well.
- 24/7 access or moderate access? Maybe you don’t plan to come to Downtown Works every weekday. Maybe you need a workspace only 10 days a month, or just a virtual office so you can have a business address and dedicated mail service. Whatever your situation is, we have the right plan and pricing for you.
- Open desk or private desk? Once again, Downtown Works helps you save money by giving you workspace options that suit your needs and your budget. View a full list of Downtown Works plans here.
Lastly, we don’t just give you simplicity, flexibility, and affordability—we love appreciating our community members with generosity as well! Downtown Works entrepreneurs and businesses have access to a range of amenities and perks that you’d never find at your local coffee shop or traditional office space.
Start Experiencing the Cost Benefits of Coworking Today!
You’ll definitely get more than your money’s worth at Downtown Works. Still, the best way to find out if we’re right for you is to come visit us and hang out! Book a free in-person tour today, or get a free day pass to see why we’re one of the best—and most cost-effective—coworking spaces in San Diego.