In earlier posts, we’ve talked about how coworking can make you more productive and help you save money. But one of the biggest coworking pluses—and one that’s close to our heart at Downtown Works—is the benefit of community.
Harvard Business Review (HBR) recently conducted a study on how coworking combats loneliness, and the results are enlightening. Consider their surveys of coworking space members:
- 87% of respondents report that they meet other members for social reasons, with 54% saying they socialize with other members after work and/or on weekends
- 79% said coworking has expanded their social networks
- 83% report that they are less lonely since joining a coworking space
- 89% report that they are happier since joining a coworking space
These are great numbers—but that’s just the social side of coworking. HBR also explored “the role that work-related networking plays in coworking communities,” and they concluded that professional ties are strengthened as much as purely social ones:
- 82% of respondents reported that coworking has expanded their professional networks
- 80% reported that they turn to other coworking members for help or guidance
- 64% said their coworking networking was an important source of work and business referrals
The results are clear: coworking leads to happier workers, a richer social life, larger professional networks, and more business referrals.
At Downtown Works, Community is Our Middle Name.
When it comes to coworking spaces in San Diego, we go the extra mile to cultivate an enriching, healthy community for any entrepreneur or business. Contact us to schedule a free tour of our facilities, or browse our communal amenities and membership plans. We want to make you feel at home in the heart of beautiful Downtown San Diego. Let us know if you have any questions, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!