DOWNTOWN WORKS RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Policies Updated 3/15/2023
OUR COMPREHENSIVE COVID-19 STRATEGY
In California, Governor Gavin Newsom has lifted COVID-19 related social distancing & mask restrictions. We have taken extensive precautions to ensure the health and safety of all guests.
Working from home is not easy, we understand that. In order to provide you with the best and safest environment, we have implemented various policies and procedures to ensure that you feel comfortable coming in to work. We continuously invest in our own business, so your business can thrive and succeed.
Here’s Downtown Works’ approach to support the safety of our community— with policies that are intuitive, clear, and research-driven.
SANITATION & CLEANING
FOR UNVACCINATED INDIVIDUALS*
HEALTH & SAFETY
Face masks or face coverings are required at all times within our spaces, even when at your workstation – regardless of vaccination status. For the health and safety of others as well as for yourself, we ask that you comply with these new standards as outlined by the CDPH, State/County Guidelines as well as CDC guidelines. Our team will be actively monitoring our spaces to ensure compliance.
Face masks or face coverings are now optional, but still highly encouraged. Those persons who self-attest they are fully vaccinated must show their record or electronic equivalent to a Downtown Works staff member to be noted for our records. We will not store or take copies of your vaccination card.
Face masks or face coverings are required at all times within our spaces, even when at your workstation for unvaccinated individuals. For the health and safety of others as well as for yourself, we ask that you comply with these new standards as outlined by the CDPH, State/County Guidelines as well as CDC guidelines.
To ensure everyone in the workspace is healthy, guests will continue to be asked to comply with masking guidelines above. Our team will ask every guest to verbally confirm that within the last 10 days, they have not presented any of the symptoms or been in contact with any of the symptoms of COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC. Guests are not permitted inside our spaces after business hours.
SOCIAL DISTANCING POLICIES
We have reduced our capacity to ensure proper social distancing between workstations and lounge areas. We ask that tables or chairs not be moved to alternate locations. If you have any questions, please see a staff member
Members that are in a Private Office are encouraged to continue to practice social distancing whenever possible.
CLEANING & SANITIZING POLICIES
- We continue to increase sanitation and disinfecting of high touch point areas which include bathrooms, elevator buttons, door handles, etc. We continue to use approved antibacterial disinfectants to sanitize all surfaces.
- We have installed various hand sanitizer stations throughout the space, as well as sanitizing wipes to wipe down any surfaces. Our hand sanitizer is alcohol based.
MEETING ROOM POLICIES
- Mask requirements above apply to meeting room guests.
- Our Meeting Room capacity has been reduced to comply with any local regulations in regards to gatherings. If you would like to bring your team in and use the full capacity of the meeting room, you are welcome to do so. Please contact a staff member for more information.
- If you’d like to heat up food or store your belongings in the fridge, please ask a staff member. Coffee & Tea is now self serve.
- Our Mini Market is open and contains many pre packaged snacks and a variety of self service drinks. Water is also available at our dispensers.
If you need assistance booking a meeting room or would like to find out which one is the best fit for your team, please contact us or hop on our live chat.
SPACE & DESIGN CHANGES
WE’VE CHANGING AND ADAPTED OUR WORKSPACE TO ENSURE YOU HAVE THE BEST ENVIRONMENT POSSIBLE.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- We have installed multiple Austin Air purifiers. These HealthMate units are the only medical-grade HEPA Air Purifiers on the market.
- HVAC System Updates/Upgrades
- Addition of UV-C LED lights. The UV-C band spectrum has been found to be the most effective germicidal light wavelengths. These lights have been shown to inactivate viruses, mycoplasma, bacteria and fungi.
- Addition of Phenomenal Aire Cold Plasma Generators (CPG). The CPG cleans and kills a high percentage of viruses, bacteria, mold spores, fungus spores, and eliminates allergens.
- Replacement of HVAC filters from MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) 8 to MERV 11. Filters in the MERV 11 and higher rating have been shown to more effectively filter COVID-19 containing droplets and other harmful particulates.
- Step & Pull devices have been installed for touchless entry/exit for high frequency locations (ie restrooms)
Seating in certain areas has been reduced and we have reduced our overall capacity to allow for social distancing.
- Should you not find a place to sit, Downtown Works staff will accommodate you wherever necessary so you can continue to work safely.
CLEANING & DISINFECTING
- Our staff continue to actively clean and disinfect surfaces, however, we encourage members and guests to sanitize before and after using your workstation, phone booths, meeting rooms, and copy machine. We have sanitizing wipes throughout the space and we continue to use approved antibacterial disinfectants to sanitize all surfaces. These are readily available for you to use anytime.
- Please refrain from moving or relocating trash receptacles. Trash will be removed multiple times per day. Should you wish to dispose of boxes or oversized items, please break them down and seek a staff member for proper disposal. If you have a Private Office, please write TRASH on the boxes so the cleaning crew may throw your items out.
FOOD & DRINK HANDLING
- Our kitchen areas are back open.
- For the health and safety of other members, we ask you sanitize areas which you touch and use provided gloves.
- Locally Roasted Coffee, Tea, Beer & Pre-Packaged Snacks is available.
- Disposable plates, silverware, and cups are also available for members to use whenever necessary.
- You are welcome to bring your own food into the office, however, it must be in a sealable container. You are able to store it in the fridge and when you’re ready to eat, warm it up in our microwave.
- Please note that we are unable to wash your tupperware and/or any other items you bring in to the office.
- Food sharing between members is discouraged.
We are beginning to host select indoor and outdoor in-person events, capacity may be limited. Events are tailored with distancing in mind and to comply with any local and state regulations related to large group gatherings.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes. Our team is working overtime to ensure the health and safety of our staff, members, and guests. All of the policies above are to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for all. Our staff will be strictly enforcing all of the above policies, and we ask that members & guests comply with them.
Mask information is located in the health & safety information above. Since this is a constantly changing subject, the most up to date guidance is above.
Congratulations! You have joined the millions of people worldwide. With that we have allowed for looser restrictions on mask wearing. Masks are now optional for vaccinated individuals but are still highly encouraged.
Yes. Guests are allowed inside the space, however, they must have their temperature taken and verbally confirm that they haven’t shown or have been around anyone that has COVID-19 symptoms.
In the interest of the health & safety of others, we ask that members do not bring guests outside of business hours.
Downtown Works is currently suspending temperature checks based on recommendations. Guests may be screened at any time.
Yes. Our Meeting Room capacity may be reduced to comply with any local regulations in regards to gatherings. If you would like to bring your team in and use the full capacity of the meeting room, you are welcome to do so. Please contact a staff member for more information.